Thursday, September 30, 2010

Quito

Written by- Kiley

It is interesting to me how one big city is just a big city no matter where one is. As we walk down the streets of Quito, there are the regular sounds and sites of a city- cement, noise, smog, and bus exhaust. As exciting as it is to be part of the busseling groups of people that flock down the streets, I cant help but look forward to the quiet streets of Cuenca. Now when I say quiet, I mean quieter. Cuenca is a city of 400,000 people, but has the feeling of a small town. I long to see familiar, smiling faces upon our arrival.

Tomorrow it is our plan to head to Otavalo, which is a city that has large markets in a very small town. When I was there last year the town was without electricity, so we will see what happens this time.

Anything can happen in Ecuador, especially this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment